ProEdge is a revolutionary sharpening system introduced by Robert Sorby. In fact, the concept is far from new as the ProEdge largely replicates the tool sharpening system which has evolved in the Robert Sorby factory over many, many years. This compact system is now available to woodworkers whether operating in a large workshop or small shed.
Central to the ProEdge is an abrasive belt which is a quick and efficient method of putting a keen edge on each and every tool. The cool running belt avoids any overheating.
- Cost Efficient: Abrasive belts are the only parts that need to be replaced and are inexpensive compared to other alternatives
- Practicality: Ready to use straight out of the box, no assembly required. Plug and Sharpen.
- Accuracy: All common sharpening and honing angles are easily achieved with the indexable angle setter
- Repeatability: The unique angle setter ensures the same sharpening angle EVERY time, thereby reducing the amount of tool steel removed
- Versatility: Ideal for woodworking chisels, planes, carving and turning tools as well as shears, lawn mower blades, knives, drill and router bits
- Speed: The angle setter allows for very quick selection of 15,20,25,30,35,45,60,80, and 90 degrees which makes sharpening your tools a pleasure instead of a chore
The Sorby ProEdge Deluxe includes the following:
- Sliding Skew Jig: Used to sharpen woodturning skew chisels
- Standard Gouge Jig: Allows easy sharpening of all standard ground woodturning gouges
- Fingernail Profiler: Allows for the perfectly sharpened fingernail bowl or spindle gouge
- One each: Aluminum Oxide 120 and 240 grit 2" x 30-1/2" belts
- One each: Zirconium 60 grit 2" x 30-1/2" belt
- As optional accessories, the honing wheels and buffing mops may be added to give the ProEdge even greater versatility
$25.00 Additional shipping charge added.
Tools shown in the image are not included.