- Kreg part # SML-C150-100
- #8 Coarse
- 100 count
- Longer length for joining 7/8 to 1-1/8 thick softwoods
Why Kreg Pocket Hole Screws are better:
- Extra metal in head eliminates head snapping off
- Deep square drive prevents driver from jumping out
- Large Maxi-Loc Head STOPS when it hits bottom of the hole
- Case hardened STEEL screw
- Zinc coating
- Sharp edge of Self-Tapping tip drills a cleaner pilot hole
- Needle sharp point minimizes walking
About the Maxi-Loc™ Head:
Kreg's most common screw head type is the Maxi-Loc™ (SML) which is a washer head screw. The large bearing surface of the washer head is designed to seat securely in the bottom of the pocket, providing a tremendous amount of consistent clamping force on the joint line. Our second head style is referred to as a pan head (SPS). The pan head is a slightly smaller head size that allows it to easily get below flush when joining 1/2 material. This is particularly helpful when joining 1/2 to 1/2 plywood for drawer boxes.
Coarse thread is good for softer woods.
- Pine, Cedar, Fir, Spruce, Basswood, Butternut, Poplar, Aspen, Plywood, Melamine, MDF, and Particle Board