The CNC Shark HD5® is a new, and extraordinary, must-have tool for any sized shop. The CNC Shark HD5® will handle all your machining needs, whether it's in a home shop environment or on the production floor. The HD5® comes standard with everything you need to quickly get it set up and running: the latest version of Vectric VCarve Desktop design software, a color pendant controller, 2 hold down clamps, carbide V-bit, and Next Wave Automation's exclusive, patented Virtual Zero Unlimited software. Built with industrial grade components, the CNC Shark HD5® also features a heavy-duty aluminum and steel reinforced gantry, a new extruded aluminum router mount system, interlocking aluminum table, linear rails and guides on the gantry, and anti-backlash, wear-compensated lead screws on all axis. The HD5® is the perfect tool for carving or machining a large variety of projects made from wood, soft metals, composites, or plastics. The HD5® is fully compatible with Next Wave Automation's extensive product line of additional accessories, such as laser, 4th axis, scanner, and more. The CNC Shark HD5® is made in the USA, comes with a full one-year warranty and includes lifetime technical support so you can buy with confidence.
2-1/4hp router required (Bosch 1617 or 1618 , DeWalt 610, 616, 618, or Porter-Cable 890 series). 48 U.S. only. Allow 5 business days to process, since the item ships direct!
- Virtual Zero Unlimited, this patented Next Wave exclusive software allows you to map the surface of your material by taking an unlimited number of reference points. The program then uses these points to auto adjust the G-code to conform to the actual surface of your material. This eliminates problems caused by a warped or bowed work piece and allows you to maintain a constant cutting depth on projects that other machines would not be able to handle.
- Colored touch screen pendant controller
- Ready2Control, a computer control panel software
- Vector Art 3D Sampler Pack. $99 retail value
- X & Y homing capability
- Table dimensions: 28" x 36"
- XYZ travel: 25" x 25" x 7"
- Overall dimensions: 36-1/4" W x 38" L x 24-1/2" H
- Linear guides and bearings on the gantry
- Anti-backlash, wear-compensated leadscrews on all axis
- Interlocking rigid aluminum table with virtually unlimited clamp positioning
- Aluminum gantry backplate for heavy machining capabilities
- Aluminum router mounting clamp
- Steel encased gantry legs for increased rigidity
- Automatic router on and off control
- USB interface
- Includes the latest edition of Vectrics Desktop
- 110/115 V
- Made in the USA
- One-year warranty on parts and labor, special shipping exclusions apply
- Lifetime technical support
- CNC Shark HD5® is fully compatible with the following routers (sold separately): Bosch 1617 and 1618, Porter Cable 890 Series, DeWalt 610, 616, 618
|Features||Shark II||Shark HDS||Shark HD5 Ext|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||24" x 36" x 24"||36" x 36" x 24"||36" x 63" x 24"|
|Weight||115 lbs||187 lbs||230 lbs|
|Work Table (WxL)||16" x 36"||28" x 36"||28" x 63"|
|Z axis clearance||7"||7"||7"|
|Router/Spindle motor size||2-1/4HP||2-1/4HP||2-1/4HP|
|Water Cooled Spindle System||2hp 1.5KW||2hp 1.5KW||2hp 1.5KW|
|WC Spindle Speed (RPM)||1000-24000||1000-24000||1000-24000|
|Base||Aluminum & High Density Polyethylene||Aluminum & High Density Polyethylene||Aluminum & High Density Polyethylene|
|Gantry Supports||HDPE & Aluminum||HDPE & Steel||HDPE & Steel|
|Rack & Pinion (X/Y/Z)||X/Y/Z||X/Y/Z||X/Y/Z|
|Tool Touch Off (Zero)||No||No||No|
|Hold Down Clamps||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Vacuum Hold Down||No||No||No|
|4th Axis (Inc/Compatible)||No/Yes||No/Yes||No/Yes|