One of our most popular and convenient jaws for small bowl and small unsupported spigot turning work.
Designed for small bowl (expanding dovetail mounting up to 6" dia) and small spigot (contracting mode) free end turning work (up to 5" long). Idea for mini/midi lathe gripping work below size that can be handled by the Standard 50mm Jaws.
Features standard on all NOVA Jaws:
Full Cross Function:
Only NOVA Chucks give you the same jaw fixing system and same insert/adaptor system across all chuck models.
This means all accessory jaws in the range fit all the chucks in the range, including older chuck models*, giving you the ultimate flexibility. In buying a NOVA chuck, you can be confident that whether you want to move up or down the range, any accessories you have invested in will fit.
Special Dovetail Profile:
NOVA chucks have been especially designed so the jaws will cut into the wood, grip firmly in the contraction mode and provide high tear out strength.
Some chucks use an engineering jaw profile (designed to hold a hard material like steel) or rounded profiles, which just crush the wood fibres without digging in and holding securely.
Features and Benefits:
- Quick and easy to use for small bowls and small unsupported spigot work
- A great range of smaller projects can be mounted and turned using either the expansion mode (mostly for bowls) or the contraction mode (mostly for spigots)
- Quick mounting makes them ideal for smaller projects
- Multiple turned pieces (i.e. lace bobbins) can be turned from dowel stock
- Made from medium tensile carbon K1045 steel to provide maximum structural strength
- Standard Woodworm Screw can be used with these jaws
- Able to be used on all Teknatool Chucks in the range