The NOVA Comet 14 DR Midi Lathe continues the legacy of the NOVA Comet Mini Lathes to a larger, expanded capacity, and easy to use digital functionality.
This is a solid cast iron lathe, with Digital Readout, and a 14" Swing Capacity. It's an ideal entry level lathe, a secondary lathe or an investment for long term woodturners who want a smaller footprint but a flexible capacity lathe option in their workshop.
Benefits & Features
- Versatile Variable Speed Range 2-step Electronic Variable Speed range. Low range: slower speeds from 250 RPM up to 1100 RPM for larger spindle and bowl work. Fast range: from 750 RPM up to 3450 RPM for miniature turning work.
- Dial-In, Easy to Use Speed Adjustment with Speed Screen Quickly dial-in the correct speed for the job, material and conditions. you're not limited to potentially dangerous fixed-speed steps. The NOVA Comet 14DR is the perfect solution for a wide variety of projects from small pens to larger bowls and platters. The easy to read screen lets you know at what speed you are turning.
- Forward and Reverse Quickly and easily change direction between forward and reverse. This offers you additional flexibility and allows you to achieve a superior finish, reducing the need for extensive sanding.
- Flexible Capacity to Match Your Project 14"/355mm Capacity Over Bed; 18.5"/469mm Between Centers standard; 44.1"/1120mm between Center with optional Bed Extension Accessory to extend the beds as long your project demands. (Nova #46901 additional purchase).
- Easy to Access Belt/Pulley Quick and fast to lift cover and adjust belt.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- Quick Action Cam Controls with comfortable rubber grip for fast and secure locking.
- Large Range of NOVA Accessories NOVA Chucks and Jaws, Faceplates, Chisels, Centers all enhance your use of the NOVA Comet 14 DR Midi Lathe.
- Solid, Precision Cast Iron for Durability, Stability, and Vibration Dampening CAD designed webbing to absorb vibration throughout the bed length. Exceptional structural strength, precision machined for superior fit and finish.
- Swing over bed: 14"/355mm
- Distance between centers: 18.5"/ 469mm (extendable with optional Bed Extension Accessory)
- Spindle speeds: Electronic variable
- Spindle speed range: 250 RPM - 3,450 RPM
- Spindle thread: 1" X 8TPI
- Motor: 1HP, 120V, single phase, 60Hz
- 6' Power Cord (included)
- Drive type: Belt
- Faceplate (3"/80mm)
- NOVA Modular Toolrest
- NOVA 2MT Live Center
- NOVA 2MT Spur Center
- Knock Out Bar
- Manual & Fastenings