An all-natural way to thin tung oil. Will evaporate as it dries. Can also be used as a concentrated cleaner.
A Safer Paint & Oil Thinner Alternative
Orange Oil as a Natural Citrus Solvent is used as a direct replacement for mineral spirits and odorless mineral spirits. Citrus Solvent can be used wherever paint thinner or mineral spirits are required as a natural, safer alternative. Citrus Solvent is not the same as any of the other "citrus-branded" cleaning products on the market, including Citrus Solve or Citri-Solve. It is, however, an excellent degreaser, paint thinner alternative, and can be used to replace petroleum chemicals such as mineral spirits.
Orange Oil Citrus Solvent is 98% pure citrus peel oil extracted from the peel of the orange fruit; the other 2% is water. This small amount of water is emulsified in the solvent and will not raise wood grain but is released into the air as the solvent evaporates.
- Does not contain any emulsions, surfactants, or any other additives that paint thinner products contain
- Does not contribute to the depletion of the upper ozone or smog like mineral spirits or paint thinner
- The material released into the air by our Citrus Solvent is essentially the same material that is continuously being released into the air in every orange grove and is gently returned to the earth with the rain
- As clear as ordinary water as opposed to the deep orange of lower grades, which means that it will not add more amber color when mixed with our Pure Tung Oil
- Unlike paint thinner, our Citrus Solvent does not cause damage to the internal organs of the body when breathed in; instead, it passes through without effect. As a matter of fact, when you drink orange juice from the store, you drink small amounts of orange peel oil from the peel from which the juice was squeezed!
- Can be easily disposed of with no threat to the environment when done properly. We recommend pouring any unwanted Citrus Solvent onto cardboard, cat litter, or another absorbent material. This then allows the solvent to evaporate. Once the material is dry, dispose of according to local guidelines with other waste.
Uses & Applications
- As a straight solvent, the citrus natural solvent is a paint thinner alternative that can replace a wide variety of potentially harmful chemical products. Mineral spirits, methyl ethyl ketone, acetone, toluene, glycol ethers, and fluorinated or chlorinated organic solvents are all caustic chemicals that can be detrimental to health.
- Citrus Solvent can be used as an effective replacement for toxic chlorinated solvents, glycol ether, MEK (methyl ethyl ketone), xylene, and Freon
- Its cleaning and degreasing properties make it a wonderful alternative to CFC-laden cleaners, engine degreaser (automotive, aircraft, and aerospace industries), tar and asphalt remover, asbestos shingle remover, graffiti remover, grease trap maintainer, and lift station and sewage treatment applications
- It is also perfect for cleaning waxes and oils off surfaces of items to prepare for painting or finishing
- The specific industrial applications for Citrus Solvent are virtually endless:
- Printing press cleaner
- Carpet stain cleaner
- Metal cleaner
- Aerosol ingredient
- Fragrance additive
- Deodorant for petroleum
- Heat transfer medium
- It's even a possible candidate for a variety of medical applications