The OVA Pen "Plus" Jaws easily convert your NOVA chuck into a fast and accurate Pen Blank drilling facility. The big jaw profile provides a vibration free, solid grip for all sizes of pen blanks and an accurate centered hole every time. Being able to finely control the drill feed on the lathe is a big advantage to prevent break out on those delicate pen walls. Also perfect for squaring up the pen blank ends after gluing in the pen kit tubes.
These unique jaws are designed especially to hold pen blanks for drilling. But there's a lot more to them than that - their solid, heavy duty design means not only will they hold Pen blanks securely, but they are also powerful enough to handle larger and longer spigot work (the "Plus" in Pen Plus!) . These heavy duty jaws secured by two screws for each jaw segment have an internal profile to accept square turning blanks. With a rock solid grip over 1-1/2" long these jaws can handle larger squares and rounds with ease and minimal vibration. Also perfect for squaring up the pen blank ends after gluing in the pen kit tubes.
This is truly a versatile jaw that will quickly become one of your favorites.
- Square (Contracting) Grip: From 0.3937" up to over 1". Length of turnings from jaws up to 9".
- Rounds (Contracting ) Grip: From under 1/2" (actual: 0.4561") up to over 5/4". Length of turnings from jaws up to 10".
- Rounds (Expanding) Grip: From 1.37" up to over 2.5". Length of turnings from jaws, up to 10".
- These unique jaws are designed especially to hold pen blanks for drilling. But their solid, heavy duty design means not only will they hold Pen blanks securely, but they are also powerful enough to handle larger and longer spigot work (the "Plus" in Pen Plus!)
- These Pen Plus jaws open up a new world of square turning projects. You can do square lidded boxes, square finnials, hollow form turning such as peppermills and much more.
- Solid, long design means the Pen Blank is gripped firmly without movement - drill your pen blanks accurately and cleanly
- Fast to use "Wow, way faster than using my drill press"
- Plus factor - hold long square stock firmly and accurately for wider project use beyond just pens
- Fits on all NOVA chucks
- Super convenient for small run pen making - all operations are based around the lathe
- 2 Year Warranty
- Comprehensive instruction manual included
- This is a two piece jaw set
Simply mount a drill chuck into the tail stock of your lathe and slide up the drill bit to the pen blank mounted in the NOVA Pen Plus Jaws. Lock down the tail stock and wind and drill out the hole to take the brass tube. Being mounted on a lathe the turner has more control over motor speed and a much better control of the feed speed.
Key Features of All NOVA™ Chuck Accessories:
- System compatibility - Jaw fixing profile is compatible across all NOVA Chucks and accessories
- Special Wood Turning Dovetail Profile - especially designed by Wood Turners so that the jaws will cut into the wood, grip firmly in the contraction mode and provide high tear out strength
- 2-Year Warranty
- Comprehensive Instruction manual included