A perfect sized hatchet for camping, cutting small firewood, and fine carving. The Almike is a life long all-purpose tool for the garden, camp or wilderness survival. Featuring a classic turpentine pattern axe head intended for tasks such as making kindling, doing light clearing and any number of backcountry jobs. The axe can be worn on a belt or easily tucked into a backpack. This item has an axe head weight of one pound and a handle length of 16 inches.
Weight (lbs): 1.75
Head weight (lbs): 1
Handle length: 16"
- The axe head is hand-forged and made from Swedish axe steel in a foundry that has been in operation since 1697
- As part of the hand grinding production process, the steel is struck multiple times thereby increasing its density and resulting in more durability of the axe
- The head is constructed in such a way that there is a tempered zone designed to hold a very sharp edge even after many sharpenings
- The curved hickory handle is treated with linseed oil
- Each axe comes with a traditional leather protective sheath
- The axe is shipped in its own storage box and comes with a detailed users manual