The Powermatic 4224B is the newest member of the industry-leading family of lathes. Over 900 pounds, the 4224B is the biggest, heaviest, and most capable lathe we've ever built. It expands the limits of creative possibility, and takes your passion to a whole new level. With newly designed, top of its class features, the 4224B pushes the limits of design, innovation, and durability.
- Sliding headstock with electronic variable speed and digital RPM readout for accurate speed adjustments
- Spindle lock and built in spindle indexing on the headstock for drilling hole patterns, routing flutes, and other equally spaced features
- Vacuum system provides quick method of chucking bowl blanks
- 15-amp quad receptacle for easy reach of powered accessories
- Two 100W task lamps provide ideal lighting
- Air nozzle with quick connect for clearing dust/chips
- Set of dead centers which hold a spindle for visual comparison
- Laser etched quill is self ejecting
- Two position mount for the optional bed extension
- Part Number: 1794224K
- Swing Over Bed: 24"
- Swing Over Tool Rest Base: 21"
- Distance Between Centers: 42"
- Outboard Turning: 88"
- Speeds: 40-3500 RPM
- Headstock Taper: MT-2
- Spindle Nose: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Hole Through Spindle: 5/8"
- Tailstock Taper: MT-2