The features you love on the 3520B lathe are now available in a smaller footprint. The PM2020 lathe is perfect for turners short on space, or projects where a short bed is convenient. Like its big brother, the PM2020 features a sliding headstock, electronic variable speed with low and high speed ranges, and the spindle lock. The enhanced features include a digital RPM readout, built in spindle indexing on the head stock, and a re-designed tailstock with internal storage, chrome trimmed handwheels, and a laser etched quill which is self-ejecting. Additional features include a two position mount for the optional bed extension, a sliding hammer knockout rod with brass tip, an attached tool caddy and a metal shelf for tool storage.
- Sliding headstock with electronic variable speed and digital RPM readout for accurate speed adjustments
- Spindle lock and built in spindle indexing on the headstock for drilling hole patterns, routing flutes, and other equally spaced features
- Redesigned tool rest geometry allows for better chisel movement along the tool rest
- Laser etched quill is self-ejecting.Brass tipped knockout bar concentrates the action in the sliding handle; the brass tip will not damage drive centers
- Attached tool caddy allows convenient access to centers, wrenches, etc.Tailstock has internal storage for additional accessories
- Chrome trimmed handwheels are ergonomic for a comfortable feel
- Standard equipment:
- 2HP TEFC Motor
- Safety shield
- 3" face plate and face plate wrench
- 14" tool rest
- Multiple ball-bearing live center
- Brass tipped knockout rod
- Swing over bed: 20"
- Swing over tool rest base: 17"
- Distance between centers: 20"
- Headstock movement: Full length of bed
- Spindle bore: 5/8"
- Tailstock bore: 3/8"
- Spindle taper: MT-2
- Quill taper: MT-2
- Ram travel quill travel: 4-1/2"
- Spindle threads: 1-1/4" x 8 TPI
- Outboard external threads (In. x TPI): 1-3/16-18 UNC
- Spindle speeds: High 125-3200; Low 50-1200
- Speed range: 50-3200
- Number of indexing positions: 48
- Centerline of spindle to floor: 44" (adjustable)
- Bed construction: Cast iron
- Motor power (HP): 2
- Motor phase: 3
- Motor voltage (V.): 230 only
- Prewired voltage (V.): 230 only
- Wiring remarks: VFD will accept 1 or 3 phase power
- Motor current (Amps): 6.2
- Recommended circuit size (Amps.): 20