The SuperMax 25-50 Drum Sander is the largest open-end drum sander on the market. Sand 25" in a single pass, and up to 50" in a double pass. Expand the scope of projects you're able to complete, while increasing speed and consistency in which you're able to do them!
- Simple alignment feature: Just one nut will adjust the conveyor to parallel the sanding head, making aligning the conveyor to the sanding head fast and easy
- Indexed alignment setting: Has an indexed alignment setting for narrow and wide stock. When sanding stock wider than 25', the index lever will properly adjust the conveyor for flawless wide sanding.
- Easy height adjustments: A thrust bearing below the handle and a nut positioned above prevents the drum from moving out of the set position while sanding. No backlash or slop in the height adjustment mechanism allowing easier and smoother height adjustments.
- Drum will never go "out of alignment": The drum carriage is bolted to the base, preventing any movement or alignment issues
- INTELLISAND™ Technology: Automatically adjusts conveyor speed based on load
- Prevents gouging, damaging or burning stock
- Provides consistent finish even with varying grain pattern and density
- Greatly increases abrasive planing and dimensioning speed
- Flatness Guarantee: Precision-flattened steel conveyor bed reinforced with four steel cross sections for no "flex" in conveyor, guaranteeing flatness to less than .010" across the width of the sander
- Abrasive conveyor belt offers the best grip for raw wood, giving you the ability to accommodate stock that is much shorter or thinner
- Patented Abrasive Attachment System effectively tensions the abrasive wraps, preventing loose abrasive and overlap
- Easiest access to abrasive fastening system of any drum sander! Extra wide space to access fasteners to eliminate need for special tools.
- Self-cooling drum prevents overheating and extends abrasive life
- Tension rollers are adjustable in height and hold down pressure, eliminating snipe
- Excellent dust extraction as dust cover is formed to shape of drum
- Metal, not plastic, is formed to maximize air flow and dust extraction
- Heavy-duty cast iron construction for strength, rigidity and reduced vibration
- Sanding Capacity:
- Maximum Width (in): 50 (two passes)
- Minimum Length (in): 2-1/4
- Maximum Thickness (in): 4
- Minimum Thickness (in): 1/32
- Dimensions (in): 46L x 24W x 53H
- Drum: 5 x 25 extruded aluminum
- Drum Speed: 1740 RPM
- Dust Hood: 1- 4" vacuum port, min. 800 CFM recommended
- Conveyor Motor: 43 in.-lb. torque, direct drive D.C. motor, infinitely variable 0-10 FPM
- Drive Motor (TEFC): 1-3/4 HP
- Power Requirements: 110 V 20 amp
- Shipping Weight (lbs): 369 (3 boxes incl. stand)
The 25-50 Drum Sander comes standard with the Closed Stand. The drum is pre-wrapped with 80 grit sandpaper.