The Waterlox ORIGINAL formula brings out the beauty in wood floors, cabinets, countertops, furniture and woodworking projects. Our resin-modified Tung Oil products penetrate deep into wood to literally lock out water and provide a rich, distinctive finish that is easy to maintain.
Where to Use
Great for wood floors, countertops, cabinets, tables and furniture.
Will provide your wood with a warm, amber, finished look.
Can be used for exterior projects if not in direct sunlight.
- Waterlox oldest and truly "original" product, since 1910
- Like all of our Tung Oil formulas, 90% of the resin portion of the formula is from renewable, natural resources
- When used in conjunction with a Waterlox sealer, our ORIGINAL formula penetrates deep into wood fibers to create a waterproof barrier while forming a protective yet elastic film that is durable against common household use and foot traffic
- Easier to maintain than other interior clear or surface finishes
- Non-toxic when dry and fully cured
- Hand made in Ohio by a 4th generation, family-owned company
Product Uses & Tips
- Use on interior wood surfaces including floors, windows, doors, cabinetry, woodwork, tables, furniture, bar tops, picture frames, and various woodworking projects
- Great on porous interior surfaces such as slate, brick, stone, tile, or cement to seal and prevent chalking and dusting*
- Provides exceptional adhesion to oily, dense, exotic woods like teak, rosewood and ipe
- One quart of ORIGINAL sealer or finish covers 125 square feet per coat (500 square feet per coat for one gallon). One quart of the Universal Tung Oil Sealer covers 600-800 square feet per coat.
- Minimum dry time of 24 hours between coats. Poor ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures may increase dry times.
- VOC 614 g/L
* Once the project is completed, removing the finish can be very difficult as Waterlox will alter the appearance of porous substrates. Apply all intended coats to a small, inconspicuous area or scrap piece of substrate from the project and allow to dry properly prior to the actual application. Final color effect is always influenced by the texture, porosity, and by the method of application and will be difficult to reverse once finished. For slate, brick, stone and concrete, you may need only one coat to penetrate and seal.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Can't stand by this product enough. I've used Waterlox to finish all of the red cedar trim in my home. The product provides a compelling, lustrous finish that really makes the red in the cedar pop. Also, the finish has a UV protectant quality, and with red cedar being known to fade under sunlight, having the UV protectant quality really makes a difference.