The Ci1 Easy Rougher is a carbide cutter woodturning tool that addresses fatigue, safety, and efficiency like no other type of tool on the market. It is designed to effortlessly hog away massive amounts of material for any woodturning process without the need for sharpening. The tool design provides support directly beneath the cutting edge transferring the cutting pressure downward allowing the lathe to "take the pounding" that you would normally suffer through when using a conventional bowl gouge for roughing. No more "white knuckling" a bowl gouge.
- Cuts left, right and straight in without changing approach angle
- Truly deeper cuts up to 1" off the diameter in one pass
- Requires very little physical strength or exertion
- Your feet and hips stay in nearly the same position for the blank roughing process
- Very minimal handle bouncing on irregular shaped blanks
- Reduced kick-back or sucking into work piece
- Chip Deflector keeps most projectiles away from the face and neck
- No intimidating cutting angles to learn and remember
- No bevels to ride
- No fear of a dangerous catch
The Ci1 tool bar is CNC machined from solid stainless steel bar stock and is 11" overall length. It is turned down to a 1/2" diameter x 2-1/2" long to receive a handle. The same Ci1 accepts either the crowned cutter or square cutter. The crowned cutter excels at spindle roughing and finishing and working inside bowls. Choose the square cutter for cutting square shoulders such as tenons on bowls and spindle work. For maximum efficiency, have a tool for each cutter.