- The Universal Support is the heart of the Tormek system. On the new T-8 model, Tormek has integrated the previous mounted sleeves for the Universal Support into the fully cast housing, guaranteeing minimal play for the Universal Support, an innovation which improves the control of the sharpening and increases the accuracy of the final results.
- Tormek's innovative and characteristic drive system maintains a constant speed, even under full load, which is unique to all Tormek's machine models
- The Advanced Water Trough has been further improved with a screw lift for an easier fitting and a magnetic scraper for efficient cleaning
- With the Tormek Original Grindstone, the user can sharpen all qualities of steel, including High Speed Steel (HSS)
- The SE-77 upgraded jig for square edge tools now has a movable side that allows for a fine adjustment to the setting, which ensures a 90 degree corner or the possibility to create a cambered shape on plane irons
The most complete edition of the finest wet stone sharpening system available, the Tormek T-8 is rated for continuous use and has a vast array of specialty jigs available so you can quickly and easily sharpen virtually any tool in your house, backyard shed or workshop. The heart of the T-8 is the Tormek SG-250 10" x 2" grinding wheel turning at a slow 90 rpm through water which acts as a lubricant for faster grinding while it continuously cools the tool edge to prevent "bluing" the metal. After grinding, the 8-3/4" x 1-1/4" genuine leather honing wheel gently removes the burr and hones the edge to razor sharpness. The T-8 System also includes the Angle Master, Honing Compound, Stone Grader, Diamond Truing Tool, New SE-77 Square Edge Jig, Handbook and Instructional DVD. The Tormek T-8 is backed by a Seven-year warranty.
- Heavy duty 1/8" steel frame construction
- Stainless steel main shaft
- Pat. Pending EzyLock requires no tools
- Powder coat finish
- 7 year warranty when registered