About the book:
When you build your own cabinets youre not just saving money. You also can improve upon the materials and construction used in factory-made cabinets, and get exactly the sizes you want. And with the techniques that Udo Schimdt demonstrates and explains, you can incorporate custom details in your cabinets to make them even more distinctive. Arched doors, custom cornice treatments, oversize pantry cabinets, and solid wood end panels are just a few of the options to consider.
If you're comfortable using a router, tablesaw, and drill, this book will show you how to build beautiful cabinets in your own workshop.
- Designing custom cabinetry to suit your space and budget
- Building drawers and doors in a variety of different styles
- Installing Euro-style concealed hinges and drawer slides
- Improving storage and convenience with special hardware and accessories
- Selecting and installing a wide range of countertops
About the author:
Udo Schmidt apprenticed with a master cabinetmaker in Germany before moving to the United States over 20 years ago. Today he combines Old World craftmanship with time-saving tools and techniques. He lives and works in North Carolina.
- Paperback 9-1/4 x 10-7/8 in. 176 pages, with color photos and drawings
- Published 2003
- ISBN 978-1-56158-470-3