- Waterlox Original Marine Finish is designed as the top coat portion of our Marine finishing system which performs best over bare wood
- Easier to maintain than other exterior clear finishes. When the gloss level begins to fade from sun/UV exposure, simply apply more Waterlox! Sanding down to bare wood is not necessary.
- Applies easily with a good, quality China bristle brush, foam brush or brush recommended for use with oil-base products. Sanding is not necessary between coats for adhesion purposes.
- Coverage: For best results, it should be applied liberally at approximately 500 square feet per gallon per coat
- Dries to the touch in 6-8 hours; hours to re-coat and dry are 24. Longer in inadequate ventilation, high humidity or cool temperatures.
- For use on exterior surfaces in direct sunlight/UV
- Specially made for all marine bright work, and spars and for other heavy-duty exterior applications, such as outdoor furniture, exterior doors and window casings, and garage doors, entrances and trim
- Use 2 finish coats for an exterior, high gloss finish over 1-2 coats of Waterlox Original Marine Sealer / Waterlox Original Sealer/Finish
- Not recommended for use on pressure-treated woods, or exterior horizontal surfaces in direct sunlight, such as decks
- Not designed to be used as a top coat over other previously finished surfaces
- Apply all intended coats to a small, inconspicuous area or a scrap piece of wood from the project and allow to dry prior to applying to the entire surface. Final color effect is always influenced by the grain, texture, porosity, species of wood, and by method of application.
- VOC 450 g/L