This laser produces an amazing 4.2W of power with included 2.5A driver!
Built by J Tech Photonics specifically for any Axiom AR series CNC machine, this is the strongest laser accessory available in the market.
Due to the unique safety concerns related to laser technology a waiver will be emailed to you and must be signed prior to shipment.
- Engrave on wood, leather, acrylics, and many other materials
- Cut thin and soft woods like Balsa, Basswood, and many other types of materials like foam, paper, cloth and acrylics
- MAKE incredible objects for projects or production. Your creations are only limited by your imagination!
- Compatible with all Basic, Pro, Pro+ & Elite Series machines
The new Axiom CNC laser by J Tech Photonics raises the bar in CNC accessory lasers. Precision laser trimmed regulators for constant current to the laser, 0.01 tuning resolution, digital isolation, soft start, ESD protection, current limiting, and the list goes on_.But we have safety in mind as well! The US Federal Government has a list of things that are required for operating these high power class 4 lasers. They might seem trivial, but they could save your eyesight!
Here is a rundown of the safety features which will protect yourself and others:
- Key Switch - A key is needed to enable the laser. When the key switch is turned on, the laser is enabled and the key CANNOT come out. You can only remove the key when it is disabled. This feature is good if you have curious children or have your laser in a shared area and want to limit use. Just take the key out and hide it!
- Remote Interlocks - This feature allows for addition of a switch on your enclosure so when it is open, the laser will automatically turn off. An interlock switch is also installed on the rear surface of the laser which insures that if the laser is removed from your Axiom CNC router, the beam is interrupted. They've also added an E Stop button for the laser, which is always good for if you need to stop the laser quickly!
- Power Fault Protection - In the event of a power failure, your laser will be disabled, preventing the beam to illuminate as the power is restored. Simply press the reset button and you are back in action!
- Emission Indicator - The small little LED on the front to let you know when your laser is on.
- This kit is specific to the Axiom Precision line of CNC machines. This has everything you need to get your laser up and running on your Axiom machine.
This kit includes:
- 4.2W 445nm Laser in Custom Protective Housing and Mount
- 2.5 Amp Adjustable Safety Compliant Laser Diode Driver with Pre-Wired Connections
- Power Adapter 12V 2.5A, US Style Plug
- Laser Safety Goggles for 445nm Lasers
- Laser Extension Cables
The laser unit does not allow for software variability of output intensity. Therefore greyscale is not supported.
This is the strongest available laser offered on the market. We set the current to the maximum level recommended by the manufacturer to achieve a high level of power while still allowing for maximum lifetime.
Absolute Maximum Ratings
|Item||Absolute Maximum Ratings||Unit|
|Forward Current (Tc = 25°C)||3||A|
|Absolute max output optical power||>4.5||W|
|Allowable Reverse Current (Tc = 25°C)||85||mA|
|Operating Case Temperature||50||°C|
Electrical / Optical Characteristics
|Optical Output Power @2.5 amps||4.2||4.5||W|
|Focused Spot Size||0.011||0.014||Inches|
|Beam Divergence Full Angle (1/eˆ2) //||5||14||25||deg.|
|Beam Divergence Full Angle (1/eˆ2) - Perp||30||44||50||deg.|
|Current Source Range:||0 - 2.5 Amps|
|Current Limit Jumper Settings:||0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5 Amps|
|Compliance Voltage w/12V adapter:||8 volts|
|Current Adjustment:||Analog Trim Pot|
|Current Range Accuracy||Always greater than limit, no more than 15%|
|Laser Diode Protection:||Soft Start, Reverse Voltage, Current Limit, Thermal Shutdown|
|Integrated Safety Features||Laser Enable Key Switch, Integrated Laser Interlock, Power off Reset, LED Indicators|
|AC Adapter Input Voltage:||100 - 240 VAC|
|Control Signal Digital Isolation Voltage:||4500 Vrms|
|Minimum Control Signal "Turn On" Voltage:||2.8 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Voltage:||36 Volts|
|Control Signal Maximum Current:||50 ma|
|Control Signal Maximum Frequency:||5KHz|
|Connectors:||Screw Terminal and Molex Mini-Fit Jr™ Connectors|
|Operating Temperature:||0 to 40 °C|
|Storage Temperature:||-40 to 70 °C|
|Dimensions:||3.6" x 2.2"|